10 ideas for an original bedside table
Each move releases a large amount of creative thinking in me. Due to the fact that usually when you change your place of residence you can't have everything at once, whether for financial or organizational reasons (such as, for example, order processing times in furniture stores), many furniture is organized provisionally. And as the old rule says: what you do not do at the beginning, you will never do it (fortunately it is not always true) in our apartments many furniture and objects find a non-standard application.
This was the case with us, among other things, in the case of the bedroom - the bed was a pile of mattresses (I was very pregnant and it was important for me to sit and stand up high) and the bedside table ... Figuring out what I can arrange a bedside table with prompted me to write this statement, i.e. 10 ideas for a bedside table.
1. Stool - available in almost every home, and paint stains can additionally give it character
2. Chair - brought from the basement or from the display, modern or antique, it will be great, the perfect tool to introduce an additional color or texture to the bedroom
3. the shelf - vertical or horizontal will be great for arranging our knick-knacks, perfect for narrow rooms or those in which there is not enough space around the bed for standing bedside tables
4. Pedestal tray - perhaps so far it has worked great as your bar or coffee table, as a bedside table will not only be functional, but also a great decoration
5. A coffee table - it fits perfectly into almost any bedroom, and you can have it for PLN 19,99, for example from Ikea
6. A piece of wood - unnecessary stump or other solid piece of nature
7. Commode - one of my favorite solutions, although unfortunately it takes up the most space, it allows you to have many things at hand and easily control the mess - personal items are closed in drawers
8. bolster - another ideal solution for narrow spaces
9. Magazines and books - if you are wondering what to do with old warehouses when moving, answer the question whether you already have a bedside table, and if not, it is worth using them for this purpose
10. And finally a real nightstand
In the next post from the series Interiors I will show you how our bedside table has evolved.
And which solution do you like the most? And be sure to write what serves you as a bedside table.
At my friend's, I saw a converted bedside table, which reportedly waited a long time for better times in the basement. The corners were covered with jute rope, which gave a surprising effect. Generally, she repainted the fronts, sides and top plus this rope - I have not seen such a solution yet.
Overall, the jute rope offers many possibilities. I saw a lowered shelf on ropes that was used as a bedside table. Two such shelves on both sides of the bed - very surprising in form, but they did the job. There are lots of ideas for every interior design element.
these two shelves on ropes - great idea !!!
Very interesting ideas and interesting article. I put the shelves at home because I don't have much space in the bedroom 🙂
🙂 nice. However, probably the classic nock cabinet is still the best :) wood charm is nice classic wooden cabinets. I don't know if you looked?
piece of wood <3