5 healthy habits from which we began to change our lifestyle
Until quite recently, before we started thinking about extending the family, we ate absolutely "sloppy", not to say terrible! It was the thought about the Child and the disease in our family that made health a fundamental value for us. Today we know quite a lot about its prevention and natural methods of treatment, but the first steps were very difficult for us. Due to the fact that every even the smallest change that is to bring us closer to a healthy lifestyle is wonderful, I will show you the 5 with which we started our path. 5 changes that were very easy for us to introduce, and from which our appetite for health only increased! Welcome our healthy habits!
Every day we make sure that our diet includes coconut oil, sunflower oil and linseed oil - the latter two cold. All this to ensure you have the right amount of Omega acids inexpensively. Of course, these oils must be unrefined or unclean. And then linseed oil supplements our diet with omega 3 fatty acids, and sunflower oil with omega 6 fatty acids, supplementing the diet with omega 3 fatty acids.
Did you know that you can only fry healthily with coconut oil, clarified butter or lard? And we fry only on this, and we use oils and olive oil only cold. Why? Linseed or sunflower oil has a lot of polyunsaturated acids, which undergo very unfavorable changes at high temperatures, resulting in the formation of compounds that are dangerous to health. That is why all oils - except coconut oil - are consumed only cold (raw). The whole butter is also not suitable for frying, but it is clarified. Scrambled eggs with such butter are so delicious!
Who doesn't like the smell of warm bread? Unfortunately, fried bread, tempted by many supermarkets, is usually a deep-frozen product, stored for weeks or even months in different conditions, transportable from various countries and with fresh bread has not much in common. That is why we only eat bread baked by our mother. Santa never ate another. You will find this wonderful recipe here.
4. Reading labels on food products
It is impossible to learn all the names of forbidden ingredients at once, which absolutely should not be on our menu, because instead of nourishing - they are harmful. Due to the fact that switching to a healthy lifestyle cannot overwhelm us initially, and any change in this direction is good, we decided to choose 5 forbidden ingredients to start with and they are:
- aspartame - I do not want to scare you here, so if you are curious why I say NO to this ingredient, you can read about it yourself, for example here
- "modified”- one word of this kind on the label is enough to prevent me from inviting the product to my basket, not only for health reasons, but above all for ideological reasons, I am opposed to genetically modified foods, commonly known as GMOs. Did you know that the crops obtained from such breeding cannot usually be propagated by yourself? So a farmer who grows such food is not self-sufficient? Can't he sow and reap and sow again? Only has to BUY more sowing?
- glutamate - the so-called flavor enhancer, which is a drug from a neurological point of view? Does it cause addiction? You can read more about it suitj
- glucose-fructose syrup - although completely unnecessary, it is almost everywhere, it causes not only obesity, but also diabetes, more about it> click
- Powder potato instead of fresh potatoes, powder eggs instead of fresh eggs ... incomplete, processed. No thanks.
5. A healthy snack
How many times have I left a prolonged meeting and drive to a fast-food restaurant or a gas station to get a hot dog. After all, I was so hungry I thought I was going to pass out! Now, in such a situation, I open my bag or the glove compartment in the car and have no excuse to poison myself with food fried in inappropriate fats, flavor enhancers and the rest. Although I admit that I used to enjoy some of these "dishes", I know that I am actually winning. Not only do I not add any toxic substances to myself, I also don't eat a thousand calories at once.
In the subject of health, I am not a specialist, but an "amateur", and every day I try to devote a little attention to him and expand my knowledge.
Another topic that brings us closer to health is ... medical examinations and proper supplementation of deficiencies so that the body works in balance. But that's a topic for another day.
And what are your healthy habits? Would you like to add something to them?