Hybrid manicure at home # 2 - what do we need?
I am very happy that you also like the beauty subject. I have been using hybrid nail polishes for 3 or 4 years, so I am glad that I can share my experience with you.
Hybrid manicure is so easy to do it yourself that I treat it like a regular manicure. Every day I do it at home, but from time to time, when I want to please myself, I go to the beauty salon.
I am about to tell you about what you will need to do a hybrid manicure at home.
My first UV lamp only had 1 bulb, but unfortunately it was impossible to perfectly illuminate 5 fingers at a time, so I had to illuminate my thumb separately, which significantly extended the entire procedure. That's why I decided to buy a 4-bulb UV lamp, similar to the one I see in beauty salons. I put a low price here and bought one of the cheapest Chinese lamps, then it cost about PLN 60 + shipping costs, but now I can see that similar are already available for less than 40 PLN + shipping costs. It was important for me that the lamp had:
- retractable bottom, which is very convenient when performing a hybrid pedicure, if someone wants to, it is worth giving yourself such an opportunity
- 120 seconds timer
My UV lamp looks like this:
You can replace the UV lamp with a LED lamp, the exposure time of which can be shortened (from 120 seconds with a UV lamp) to 20 seconds, which will shorten the duration of the treatment.
More and more often it is said that the rays from the UV lamp can have a negative effect on the skin of the hands - just like a solarium. Of course, the time of hand exposure to such light should be taken into account, which with regular use will be about 8 minutes every 2 weeks. Therefore, in the long run, you can think of an LED lamp, which unfortunately is several times more expensive. I'm already thinking about her.
2. Hybrid nail polishes
Will be needed:
- base, the so-called base coat - my choice
- hybrid varnish, e.g. my favorite pastel pink Cake Pop - my choice
- rinse aid, the so-called top coat - my choice
In the first post in the hybrid manicure series at home, I wrote to you about why I decided to buy Shellac hybrid varnishes. They are not the cheapest, but absolutely efficient and after almost two years I changed the base and top just because they were already quite thick. I buy them here and I pay for no more or less PLN 65 per item (both for color and for base or top coat).
- degreaser, the so-called cleaner - thanks to it, you will degrease the nails before the treatment, and after applying and hardening the polish, it can be used to remove the adhesive coating, the so-called dispersion layer. I had the first bottle of cleaner by ACTIV, the second VANITY and I don't see any difference between them, all these preparations are based on isopropyl alcohol, the price is about PLN 25 for 500 ml (enough for about a year of regular use)
- acetone based fluid, called for example Gel Remover - here I use a La Femme product, thanks to which I dissolve the hybrid varnish on my nails (I take off the hybrid varnish), the price is PLN 29,99 for 500 ml (enough for about a year of regular use), and I buy it for stands in shopping centers.
4. Additional accessories
- dust-free swabs - very useful for degreasing, thanks to them there are no fluff left on the nail plate, of course you can buy them in the above-mentioned online stores for about PLN 10 for 1000 items, e.g. here
- wooden spatulas for removing skins and / or pliers, nail file, i.e. everything you use for a normal manicure, I still use a cuticle gel
- polishing block - you do not need to have, but I like to use it sometimes to have a perfectly smooth plate after removing the varnish, or to matt the plate sometimes. I write "tarnish" and not tear, puncture, I do not use absolutely any file or the like. I do it very delicately, while doing a traditional manicure I also use a polishing block to make the varnish look better. The block should be as fine-grained as possible, e.g. 180.
So how much do we have to spend to start the adventure and do a hybrid manicure at home?
- UV lamp around 50 PLN,
- 3 varnishes (base, color and top) is a maximum price of 195 PLN for Shellac products, but if you decide to start with cheaper counterparts you will spend even several times less
- liquids (cleaner and gel remover) for about PLN 50
- dust-free swabs for about 10 PLN
Total: PLN 305
In Gdynia, a hybrid manicure with Shellac varnishes costs about 90-110 PLN. So by performing regular treatments every 2-3 weeks, the entire investment returns to me in less than 2 months! And such a set is enough for at least a year of regular use, I think even for two years. Comparing this value to the amount I spent on regularly buying nail polishes from well-known brands that still weighed, smudged and chipped off, in the long term I can say that hybrid manicure is not only a time saver (I only do it once every 2-3 weeks ), but also money.
In the next post, I will write you how to do a hybrid manicure step by step at home. I know that many of you have already tried, many of you would like to, but are afraid to try, write to me about your experiences - I will be able to adjust the next posts to your expectations in this topic better.
cheap curtains ready
cool 🙂 I'm just starting my adventure with claws, so this post is very useful
I thought for a long time over the hybrid kit and finally found that this semilac suits me best 😀
I love your blog, exudes positive energy hyb Hybrid kit purchased now waiting for post how to do a manicure 😉 Regards
Hi! I see that these two sets are almost identical, I have a lamp like this set, I am very happy with it, I can't imagine it could be better, so I would probably choose the one I know http://allegro.pl/5-x-semilac-zestaw-xxl-lampa-uv-cleaner-aceton-i5529765686.html
today I have just made a decision that I will buy such a set - and here I come to your blog and only strengthen myself in it 🙂
For savings I recommend buying ordinary cosmetic spirit and acetone, these are identical products but several times cheaper. I recommend spirit anyway because there are no additions and the less additions in the cleaner the better. Acetone is not important what company, but I think nails are 11zl 500ml.
Thank you for the advice. I have already replaced the cleaner with salicylic alcohol and it also worked 😉
And when it comes to acetone I especially choose the one with lanolin so that it slightly alleviates the strong effect of acetone.
Hi! ☺ I started making hybrids a month ago because my nails broke every day
Thank you for your kind words 🙂
The first publications I found on this topic do not relate to the possible harmfulness of products but to UV light emitted by the UV lamp. If this is confirmed, then the first thing that comes to my mind is replacing the UV lamp with an LED lamp, but I have explored the subject for a maximum of 3 minutes so I can't take a position in this matter yet. Each hand is in the lamp max 10 minutes once every 2-3 weeks so it may seem that the possible harmfulness of rays is minimal. I put health and love first in life, so I will definitely try to learn something more and then I will be tempted to take a position on this matter.
Something seems to me that you will convince me to him 🙂 At all in the salon it does not pay to do it, because my nails have periods of such rapid growth that after a week I have such a growth that I can not look at 😀
I would like to do this once a week, maybe once every 10 days, but I can do it every two weeks. I rarely wait until 3 weeks. Now if you are pregnant, the nails probably grow even faster 🙂
They grow as usual, maybe a little faster, but unfortunately they are much weaker: / In general, these stories about beautiful hair, skin and nails in pregnancy are a bit crazy in my case! And when it seems to me that I have already found a way to embrace them, the adventure begins again
I myself had terrible skin problems with my pregnancy, I cut my hair so it was difficult to assess, but my nails were perfect. Strong, strong and long. I remember all my pregnancy because I had to shorten it all the time because it was long, never before. Simply pregnancy is such a storm in the body that there are no rules 😉
How does she do it
It's the same with me. Completely, it doesn't pay to see a beautician.
I use a different varnish and it is sensational. Now I have to work on the technique of painting, because I am complete talentless in this matter. 😉
I also studied a lot. At first, the tips chipped off or I gave too thick layers and after a few days I was able to tear off the entire varnish, but somehow it seemed to me that it would be so thicker ... from a beautician 😉