Moussaka - recipe
Moussaka is the dish in which I fell in love with Santorini. I ate them 3 times a week and I knew that the moussaka recipe would be the first thing I would recreate for my Sunday lunch after returning from vacation. In our house they say that it turned out even better than the one in Greece. Feel free to get moussaka - simple, delicious and truly Greek recipe.
I found a lot of recipes for moussaka, but this one from recipes.pl He seemed to me most like the moussaka I had in Greece. What ingredients will you need? I was based on this, a recipe for moussaka, introducing minor simplifications like instead of frying eggplant, I preferred to simply bake it in the oven without using fat.
Moussaka - ingredients
rapeseed oil - for browning
Moussaka - step by step recipe
- I choose eggplant, cut them lengthwise, then into slices, salt and set aside for 20 minutes.
- I'm warming up oven up to 250'C.
- Onions and garlic you can cut it finely or throw it into a Termomix, for example, so that it does it for you.
- Next I fry it in a pan or in a Thermomix in rapeseed oil until Garlic they got wet, a onion it will blush slightly.
- I add ground beef and sauté for a few minutes.
- I add wino and continue to fry for another minute.
- I add canned tomatoes and spices - and so the soul on a slow fire or on the temperature of 105'C in the Thermomix.
- Pieces eggplant I am baking in a preheated oven on baking paper for 15 minutes at 250'C.
- I melt the butter in a pot or Thermomix at 100'C for 3 minutes.
- For melted butter I add flour and fry it, stirring constantly in a pot or Thermomix for 3 minutes.
- Stirring constantly, I add milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg and over low heat or at 90'C in a Thermomix, heat it for 6 minutes, until the consistency is there creamy and densea.
- A heat-resistant dish with dimensions of 20 × 30 cm spread with butter clarified.
- After baking eggplants I turn the oven to 200'C.
- I divide the eggplants in half and one half in a dish I put it on the bottom one layer of eggplants.
- On eggplants I lay out the meat with tomatoes - half a serving.
- I am applying a second layer eggplants.
- I am applying a second layer meat with tomatoes.
- Whole I pour bechamel sauce.
- Whole I sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Moussaka I bake in the oven at 200'C for 30-40 minutes - until it acquires a golden brown color.
- After baking, set aside for a quarter of an hour to cool slightlyjust cut into pieces and serve.
Moussaka - ready!
The moussaka from this recipe is, in our opinion, delicious! Don't be afraid to put the excess in the fridge and reheat in the oven on the next day - then it tastes even better for us : )
As you can see - our children even steal it from their plates 😉
Let me know if you use my recipe - I hope you will like it and at least for a moment, it will take you to the Greek atmosphere - not only on your plate, but also in your mind : )