A box for toys - DIY or do it yourself
The changes announced are currently underway. In this post I shared with you ideas for gadgets for a children's room, and one of them was a toy chest. It turned out that they are not the cheapest, so I decided to show you that a stylish room for a child does not have to be expensive at all, and such a chest can easily be made by yourself.
What will we need?
1. Self assembly box IKEA, 39,99 PLN
2. Painting foil to protect the substrate on which we will paint | CASTORAMA, 6 PLN
3. Small roller with a tray | CASTORAMA, 10 PLN
4. Brush | CASTORAMA, 3 PLN
5. Swivel, rubberized wheels | CASTORAMA, 3 PLN x 4 pieces = 12 PLN
6. Wood screws for mounting wheels CASTORAMA, PLN 0,50
7. Wood painting primer Bricomarché, 12 PLN
8. Wood paint | CASTORAMA, from PLN 10 per can
9. Screwdriver or screwdriver
Step by step toy box:
All elements of the box are painted with wood primer on each side, and left to dry for the time recommended by the manufacturer.
Our foundation smelled mercilessly, it was wonderful that we started painting when Miki was already asleep, because the whole house had a sharp, terrible smell, fortunately we managed to air it out until the morning. Therefore, be sure to choose a different primer if you want to paint in a closed surface.
We paint all the elements of the crate on one side with paint in the selected color, leave to dry and paint on the other side.
You will probably start painting from large surfaces,
but it's best to start with small details, edges, sides,
and finally paint large surfaces.
The thinner the layers of paint you apply, the more beautiful the effect will be.
Wait up to 24 hour between applying subsequent layers,
so as not to wash the roller and the trays each time, I recommend wrapping them in a sealed bag.
We paint all parts of the box for the second time.
We turn the crate.
We screw the wheels to the bottom of the box
It is a good idea to drill before screwing in
tiny holes that guide the screws
And the toy crate is ready!
How do you like it? Do you fancy such DIY?
And I can't wait to show you the whole room in a new version.
Answering your questions about exactly what paint we used:
- Paint from the mixer bought at CASTORAMA, made right away
- Beckers Designer Aqua Lackfarg  - Water-borne allryl enamel for wood and metal. Semi-matt.
- Color: Formula: BW 1,6 CW 1,3 GH 2,4