Zigzag, star and owl or yellow-gray children's room
I am glad that before I started completing the layette, I prepared a plan and a shopping list. Thanks to it, I didn't buy unnecessary accessories, decorations or clothes that are so difficult to resist in children's stores.
I have prepared for you some tips that I would gladly hear myself while pregnant:
1. Do not leave planning and arranging a baby room for 9 month of pregnancy. The fatigue that accompanied me then would surely make it difficult for me to choose and prepare everything. On the other hand, the feeling after coming from the hospital, when I could put our son on the changing table and have all the necessary products and a chest of drawers with clothes ready at hand - priceless.
2. If you do not have a car that you will be able to transport larger-sized purchases, buy them in the online store - for 10-15 PLN, the courier will deliver shopping to your home. In this way I bought not only a cot, but also all products from the pharmacy, saving a lot.
3. Furniture stores usually have long lead times, for example, we had to wait over 1,5 a month for our cot. It's good that I didn't order it at the last minute, because for the first month I wouldn't have a cot.
4. Before you go to the children's store, ask your family and friends if they have any things to borrow or sell. I can already see that they are used for such a short time that most of them will not really be destroyed.
5. If you care about the individual character of the room, in addition to the offers of stationary or online stores it is worth getting acquainted with the offers of handicrafts, and here you will find portals such as DaWanda or Pakamera. You do not have to choose only from ready-made items, but thanks to direct contact with product developers, you can order personalized items for your child, usually at the market price of finished products. And if you start preparing the room early enough, maybe you can prepare something completely yourself? Although with a sewing machine we live rather like a dog with a cat, to our room I made the curtains myselfthat you see in the pictures. It cost me 2 days of work, but the feeling of pride is amazing. I still wanted to sew the sheets to the set myself, but the strength and time was not enough, that's why DaWanda user sewed them for the set.
If you are wondering where we bought or how we made individual room furnishings, you can read about it in the next post: Yellow-gray baby room step by step.
And how do you like our implementation?
See our other posts on how to decorate a children's room:
1. An idea for a children's room design, or how and where to start> click
2. Zigzag, asterisk and an owl - yellow and gray room for a child> click
3. Yellow-gray room for the child step by step, i.e.
list of all products with links to DIY stores and projects> click
4. How to sew curtains? DIY or do it yourself> click
5. Garland with stars for a child's room - DIY> click
6. How to organize the first sleeping place for a child? > click
7. How to organize a breastfeeding corner? > click
8. How to organize a changing corner? > click
9. Swaddle blanket, sleeping bag, swaddle blanket, or maybe a duvet and pillow? > click
10. How to choose a feeding chair? > click
11. Bin for used nappies - test and review> click
12. What is worth having in the room of a one-year-old baby? Changes are coming! > click
If you liked the post, click "Like" or "Share" and share it with others: